Friday, December 29, 2017

Life Lately

Hi stampers!  I never got around to blogging or stamping over the last two weeks or so.  And I never updated on our situation because there wasn't anything to update.  On December 14th,  Jon got a call that the mole he got removed the day before, was positive for melanoma.  It was always gnarly looking and had begun to change and I'd been after him for months to get it looked at.  Needless to say, he didn't take me seriously (and I guess didn't know skin cancer could spread) and it takes a while to get into a dermatologist of course.  Anyway, to say we were shocked and worried was an understatement.  At 35, it's not something you expect to hear.  It was also over the size that they just take it out and send you on your merry way.  He was sent to a surgeon (which also took many days to get into and then many more days to actually have surgery) to take out more skin around it (although the margins were clear originally so that was a positive) and take out some lymph nodes to see if it had spread to them and then wait some more to find out the results.  He had surgery last Friday so we knew the lab wouldn't let us know until at least Tuesday with the weekend and then Christmas.  For over two weeks, I couldn't focus or concentrate and I felt like I was stuck in time.  I didn't stamp, I didn't blog,  I didn't do much of anything.  It felt like a month, not a few weeks.  They finally called this Wednesday and thankfully, nothing was found in his node!  Thank you to everyone who sent us prayers and positive thoughts!  He's going to follow up with the surgeon today and he still may need to jump through a few hoops and meet with an oncologist, but I'm hopeful we are over the worst of it.

I had all these grand plans to blog and share a bunch of holiday cards from my mom's house and neither of those things happened.  Thankfully, my mom and step dad came to help early on since they are retired and then Jon's parents came for when he had surgery.  My mom also had the majority of our presents I'd sent home with her on black Friday lol!  I really missed going home for the holidays but it was kind of neat to host them here.  It won't be a Christmas we soon forget for both good and bad reasons!  I hope that all the grandparents had fun, I know we did and Ian was so excited to have the four of them here together!

I didn't stamp yesterday, I pretty much laid on the couch for the millionth time.  I've felt off for the last few days and I think I may have a little bug.  I've had some headaches and tummy rumbles.  But hopefully I'm on the upswing and I'll get in my craft room soon!

I did manage to make this card after we got the call!  One is better than none :-)


I really love mixing "old" stuff with new and I totally cased myself for this card.  I had made a Christmas version earlier and thought it would be a perfect Valentine!  I wasn't wrong.  I'm going to miss this DSP!  And Teeny Tiny Wishes to the rescue again!

And please, get regular skin checks, especially if something changes, and use your sunscreen!

Happy stamping! Product List

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through all that and pray he will continue to have good reports. IT is without question one of the more scary things that can happen in life!! You deserve a break, just chill and take care of you and your family for now! WE'll still be here when you come back. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, cute card, Mindy. So sorry you all have had to go through this, but it sounds as though your hubby is going to be fine. Sending my thoughts and prayers to your entire family. May the new year bring health and happiness to all of you. I hope to see your creative projects soon. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I'm sorry you and your husband had to go through this. The waiting is draining. So happy that it didn't spread. Whew. BTW, your card is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...