Thursday, December 14, 2017

Merry Cafe Red Cup Cards - Stampin Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  Welcome to the last 2017 ADT blog hop!  HOW can this year be over so fast!?!?  It seems like I was just bursting to tell you all I made the team and here it is over.  And then we moved in the middle of it all!  I feel like we just got to Oklahoma and that we've been here for years all at once!  Anyway,  it's been amazing to create with this great group of artists and I will forever be grateful to Stampin' Up for the opportunity showcase my work and to make life long friends!

For this month's focus, we were tasked with using the Merry Cafe Stamp Set and the coordinating Coffee Cups framelits that are actually not found in the Holiday Catalog, but the annual one.  I just LOVE how many of our products are made to work together, even across catalogs!  Isn't this set just the cutest!?  If you want it, jump on it since it's on it's way out with the Holiday Catalog (again, how is that time upon us either????).



Do you remember those little red cups that stirred up all the controversy last year?  Ahem...the GASP, solid red ombre cups :-)  Personally, I thought they were gorgeous the way they went from a deep, dark red to a merry and lighter shade at the bottom or at the top?  I don't really remember, but anyway...  So, when we got the assignment, I wanted to make my own ombre cups!  Enter the Blends Markers!  It was the perfect medium for such a technique.


All I had to do was use the two shades in Cherry Cobbler to make the perfect ombre cup.  You don't even need to worry about blending the middle too much since it's covered by the coffee sleeve.  You know I'm a lazy crafter so this made me happy, LOL!

For my Christmas card, I added a few "coffee rings" from the Touches of Texture Stamp Set.  Again, it's wonderful how many things we offer go together!


I also brought in a couple of holly leaves from Holly Berry Happiness for an extra festive touch.  For my berry, I VERY carefully colored in one of our White Perfect Accents with my Blends marker.  Be very careful when you do this as you don't want to damage your marker.  Stampin' Up may have advised against this kind of thing but sometimes I'm a rebel like that ;-)  And it just looks so stinking perfect!


And I couldn't just stop with the one card, I had to make a Valentine's Day card as well because I love this set and I love coffee!  This one is pretty simple, but the red card is perfect once again.  I embossed my whip cream with a mix of Dazzling Diamonds and some Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.  Did you know you can do that?

I hope you enjoyed my projects today and maybe you'll try to color something with the Blends for an ombre effect!  It doesn't come across in the photos near as well as in real life!  And I hope you've enjoyed our hops all year long!  Please make sure to come back to visit me, ok?

Now it's time to hop on over to Miriam!  She's going to amaze you, as usual!



And congratulations to the new team for 2018!  I can't wait to see what they create and I'm so happy to see so many talented stampers on the list! Check them out!

United States
Connie Collins (returning)

Canada
Cathy Caines (returning)

United Kingdom

France

Netherlands

Germany
Sylwia Schreck (returning)

Austria
Jessica Winter (returning)

New Zealand
Susan Wong (returning)

Australia
Jennifer Frost (returning)

Happy stamping! Product List

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love both of these cards! Adorable! I STILL have a couple Christmas cards I need to make so thanks, once again, for your amazing inspiration! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look great!
    I send you a big hug and thank you for the creative year 2017 and all these wonderful inspirations!
    We read each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AS always stamped to perfection. I love your style and how it focuses on what's important. Not too much - just enough. Fabulous colouring and I can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some year huh Mindy?! But awesome all the same!! It has been a blast working with you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re projects are super cute, Mindy! That’s for all the inspiration this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...