Thursday, September 14, 2017

Painted Harvest Card - Stampin' Up Artisan Global Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  Welcome to another edition of the SU Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!  We're so happy to have you!  If you're new, we are a group of 20 demos from around the world who hop a couple of times a month to bring you fun ideas!  Feel free to use Google translate if some of the blogs aren't in your preferred language!

This month, our assignment was the Painted Harvest Stamp Set and coordinating Leaf Punch.  These are bundled together to purchase so you can save a pretty penny!  I have to say, this one wasn't immediately on my list but I'm so glad we got it because it's really beautiful!  Sunflowers seem to be a love it or hate it flower and I really love them.  One thing to note about this set is that it is kind of pixelated.

I've seen a few people think that theirs isn't stamping well but it's supposed have kind of a variegated and pixelated effect.  I've also seen a few people who don't care for that look.  I like it just fine, but I wanted to do something a bit different with it so I grabbed some watercolor paper and my spritzer full of water and after I stamped it, I spritzed it.  It gave it a softer appearance and I kind of love it!  I also inked my stamps up with a few different colors at a time with the good old rock and roll technique and with sponge daubers.  The first sunflower I stamped off once in crushed curry.  Experiment with lots of colors, that way you get a lot of blending, depth, and dimension!  You'll see that they didn't stamp quite perfect but that totally fits with the look I was going for!

After it was well and dry, I flicked some ink drops on with my cajun crazy marker and stamped the sentiment in early espresso.  Make sure you either wait until it's dry or you dry it with the low setting on your heat tool or those will bleed as well.  I also distressed the edges and sponged them with crumb cake.

For my accents, I piled a lot on in a little space.  I have a copper foil frame, some jute twine, metallic washi tape, crushed curry ribbon, linen twine bow, and some leaves from the leaf punch.  I stamped them with early espresso, punched them out and then sponged them a little.

My background is also distressed and sponged and was simply made with the Burlap Background Stamp.


I hope you enjoyed my card and I know that you'll enjoy what Miriam has for you in the Netherlands!  You can visit her by clicking the logo!



Thanks so much for joining us today!

Happy stamping!
Product List

5 comments:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...