Thursday, April 20, 2017

Oh So Succulent Gift Set - Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  It's time for another trip around the world with the Artisan Design Team!  If you're new to us, we are group of 20 demonstrators around the globe who bring you inspiration twice a month.  If you came from Mercedes' blog, didn't you just love her project?  If you didn't, just keep clicking and you'll be around the world in no time!

This month's hop is all about the Oh So Succulent bundle which, I'm super sad to say, is not carrying forward into the new catalog.  So, if you have been eying any of this stuff... Get. It. Now.  

I myself, am kind of obsessed with succulents!  If I lived somewhere they would do well outside, I'd totally have a whole garden!  They are so pretty! I don't have any live ones in the house due to Ian but maybe I can someday when he isn't a walking tornado :-)  They are so trendy right now and even if they weren't/aren't you can't deny that they are gorgeous little plants!  I found a few fake ones in the dollar spot at Target and you may notice a couple of those in my photos!

For this hope, I did a whole little gift set with a card, treat box, and gift card holder.  More presents/things to open, especially when they are small in stature, is always a good thing!  


For my card, I wanted to go with a planter type theme so I used the hardwood background stamp to create a little wooden planter box.  I sponged the edged of each piece after I cut it apart and I kind of love it!  I made all of my succulents simply by stamping off for the body image and stamping full strength for the outline.


I didn't use the DSP on the card but I wanted to tie the gift card envelope in with it.  I love that you don't have to use the exact same products on your projects to make them coordinate!  I did add another strip of "hardwood" though.


And finally, who doesn't want some birthday chocolate?  I found the cutest little candy rocks at the most adorable candy shop in Tulsa!  They are just perfect for this box made from our clear tiny treat boxes.  I scored some more "hardwood" stamped cardstock to fit inside to make another little planter.


I simply made a succulent with the dies and adhered it to the top of a clear tiny treat box.  It's sponged with old olive on mint macaron.  I'm going to miss mint macaron something awful!  I added a couple of trailing succulents that I bent a little with my bone folder and some ribbon finished it off.



I hope you enjoyed my projects!  Are you as sad as me to see this bundle go?  What about mint macaron?  

Our time in Oklahoma is up, it's time to head across the ocean to visit Miriam.  I just KNOW she's going to have something amazing for us!





Happy stamping!


Product List

5 comments:

  1. These are perfect! I love the simple concept and the wood crate! So cute, Mindy! I might case the crate one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, somehow your blog looks different, right? Great projects you did ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gift set Mindy and I love the "planter" - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't mind that we shared one of your projects on our Facebook page and linked it back to your wonderful blog! 😍

    https://www.facebook.com/creativescrapbooker/?pnref=lhc

    Kim Gowdy
    Social Media Assistant
    CREATIVE SCRAPBOOKER MAGAZINE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I've been following your blog for some time now
    and finally got the courage to go ahead and
    give you a shout out from Houston Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...