Thursday, June 9, 2016

Casing the Catalog

Hi stampers!  I haven't done a lot of creating on my own yet with all my new stuff.  I kind of get overwhelmed with what to use with all the new choices, lol!  So, there are samples in the catalog I LOVE so I have been busy making some of those and some other projects SU has posted recently.  It's a great way to kind of get going!

I LOVE the cover of the catalog so I couldn't wait to case this card.  It may be my favorite in the whole catalog!

Isn't it fabulous!!!!????  I originally used the rock and roll technique for the hexagon but I didn't like how severe the demarcation of the ink was.  I broke out my sponge daubers and used them to ink it up and it was much better (once I inked up my coral pad, it was dry).  If you're not familiar with it, you can pick up ink on the dauber then tap it to your stamp.  I liked this better because I could blend the two much better and the effect was much softer!  I also never would have combined these two stamp sets but they look great together!

I found this card by SU on pinterest so I thought I'd give it a try too.  I really like it!  I sponged some white craft ink on the DSP although it's hard ton see in the photo.  Isn't it cute?  I also used the faceted sequins where they used the flat trim as I like them better.


I'll come back and add the supplies at a later time.  Thanks to a friend and her little guy, I got to take Ian to Six Flags today and I'm beat...after only being there about 2 hours, lol!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...