Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Display Stamper Application

Hi stampers!  I hope you all had a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.  We took Ian to the Milwaukee Zoo yesterday and he had a ton of fun!  The hour drive that turned into two due to the interstate being closed down (for an accident we are guessing) was less fun!  But, all the time in the car helped me get my photos edited for today's post.  SU put out a call again for display stampers for the November event so I thought, why not?  Even if I don't win, it's a good kick in the creative behind!  So here are the 3 cards, two 3D items and one scrapbook page that I made (I probably won't list supplies just because it's already a lengthly post so if you have questions feel free to ask):

 I love this card!  I combined timeless textures with the watercolor wings.  You can't see in the photo but the butterfly has wink of stella all over and is super pretty and shimmery!
And there's more wink of stella here on this card.  I splattered it on for a fun effect (and maybe all over the stuff on my desk too, whoops, lol).  I actually don't have the swirly bird stamp set that goes with this die so I used my sponges to create the backgrounds for the die cuts!


I used the hello stamp from the oh happy day card kit here with some washi tape for a cute and simple card!  I kind of love it!

I'm going to use this glassine envelope to hold cookies on July 4th!  The sunburst die makes great "fireworks".  There's some gold thread there too as well as some stars embossed with copper!  The belly band is also embossed with the stars folder although it's hard to see.

These may be one of my most favorite projects ever and the photo does NOT do them justice!  Cacti are everywhere right now and I decided we needed a few for our summer decor!  I browsed some ideas on Pinterest and actually freehanded two of them and used oval dies for the third.  They each use a different stamp for the needles and I just think they are SO CUTE!
And finally my scrapbook page.  I kept it simple with some stamped elements and washi tape.  The title is from the tin of cards set although it didn't photograph well.  It says happy baby because well...he IS a happy baby!

I hope you've enjoyed my entries as much as I've enjoyed making them!  Now I'll wait and cross my fingers :-)  I had some much fun with the April event and met some wonderful new friends!

Happy stamping!



2 comments:

  1. Mindy, All of these are WONDERFUL!!! So glad you are going to send them in....

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! Love your cards, little Ian and those fun cacti!! I should make those, bc I kill everything I plant lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...