Saturday, March 12, 2016

Easter Egg?

Hi stampers!  I have an Easter card for you that may be made from an unexpected stamp set!  The other day, I saw that my friend and artisan Cindy was featured on the Stampin Up home page.  No wonder she got picked for the design team since she came up with a genius idea!

I don't have much Easter stuff right now (and there isn't a whole lot devoted specifically to it) but she came up with the idea to use the balloon from balloon celebrations as an egg!  Super sneaky, clever and cute!!!!  The fact that she added some splatter to them really got my attention too!  I just bought a bunch of eggs at target that are pretty pastels and splattered with gold.  They really look Easter-ey to me and I love them...both the fake eggs and these stamped ones :-)

So, that night I went to work right away making some balloons...I mean eggs!  Cindy used her balloon punch but since I skipped that I just cut mine out.  The one thing I should have done different was use yellow candy dots for a bit more color and contrast, oh well!  And I just love that specialty DSP.  It's very springy!  I was just dying to use that circle stamp from you're so lovely too!  I may have *ahem* may have gotten it recently just for that....

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Balloon celebration, you're so lovely, lots of thoughts, gorgeous grunge
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, pool party, shine on specialty DSP
Ink:  Early espresso, crumb cake, blushing bride, pool party
Accessories:  Subtles candy dots, circle punch, number of years framelits, gold thread, everyday chic washi tape, gold wink of stella

Speaking of Easter, I have always loved Easter (and Easter candy....robin's eggs for the win) but it's extra fun now with Ian.  I loved coloring eggs and getting an Easter basket when I was little so I'm excited to do those things with him.  Although he's little for egg coloring, I still think we will try it and I've been having a blast putting together a basket for him and picking up things here and there.  And instead of a basket, I saw a cute idea on pinterest to use a little toy wagon or dump truck as the basket and I found a cute one at Target.  I'll try to post a picture of it after Easter.  They also have an ADORABLE toy wheel barrow now....it may end up at our house the next time I go to Target....  I also can't wait to teach him about the true meaning of Easter!  I just got a cute little outfit for him too and I'm kind of sad since it's the last one he'll have with the little bunny butt :(  He's so big!!!!

Ok, enough rambling I suppose.  We are off to buy a new car today since mine is acting up and we were getting a new one soon anyway.  I'd SO rather be stamping.....

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Easter is such a great time of year and lots of fun when the kids are little. My kids are 17 and 20 but we still do an easter egg hunt every year. Hope you had some luck finding a car. Lots on the market to choose from for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...