Wednesday, August 5, 2015

It's Christmas...

in August!  Hey stampers!  Look at me, it's not even a challenge day or blog hop day and I'm posting ;-)

Christmas came early for me last night in the form of a special pre-order for convention attendees!  Kind of funny that I got it on the day the actual pre-order went live, ha!  I'll have to add a few more things to my collection soon though...Christmas twice, hehe!

Anyway here's the card I made with the new sleigh ride bundle (stamp set and thinlit die) and foil vellum sheets.  (My editing is still on the fritz...I've resorted to my phone which is better than nothing.)

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Sleigh ride
Paper: Thick WW, fancy foil vellum, mossy meadow
Ink:  Mossy meadow
Accessories:  Sleigh ride thinlits

It's hard to capture the foil vellum in the picture but it's pretty.  And it's easy to attach with some well placed glue dots behind the flakes.  If I had the new precision glue (one of those things I can get ahold of now) I could use that instead.  I do wish the flakes were a bit more in scale with the trees but it's still pretty!

And not only is it Christmas around here but today is Ian's FIRST birthday!  How can he be a year old already?  He's just the cutest.  He's funny and smart and sweet, and all around awesome!  He's starting to walk pretty well the past few weeks and loves his oodles of toys.  He really enjoys figuring out how things work and pushing buttons on toys and really likes scratching touch and feel books and anything with texture, lol!  He raises his arms (or only one when he's lazy) when you ask how big are you, he gives fives, gives kisses (when he feels like it, ha), and squints his eyes if you wink at him!  He was sleeping really well and all through the night before we traveled to Utah and a bunch of other places after.  Hopefully he'll revert back to that!   And he eats more and better than any baby I've ever seen!  I haven't found one thing yet that he won't eat and his favorite food is broccoli.  He picks it up and shoves it in his mouth faster than you can set it down and picks it out first over everything, ha!  He also loves chick-fil-a and Chipotle much to his parents delight ;-)  Here are a few pictures from his birthday party last weekend:

My dad and step-mom tracked down this adorable fire truck cozy car that actually has a tank that squirts water!  My dad was a fireman so this is all kinds of awesome for Ian and for him :-)  Sadly, we didn't have room to bring it home this trip.
 Of course his party had to be Star Wars themed!  He had a shirt too and I swear he was happy here.  Pics are hit or miss these days and we take what we can get ;-)
 Mmmmmm cake!  He actually wasn't sure at all in the beginning and made horrible faces (which he tends to do with most new foods), ha!  He liked squishing the icing and then the cake in his hands as much as eating it I think!
Sorry I don't do a better job and blogging and keeping you updated on Ian.  Convention was inspiring and motivating as always but I'm not sure what I'll actually get done.  BUT, I want to do more business and blogging and of course STAMPING!  So, we'll see what happens!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...