Tuesday, September 9, 2014

HSS 194

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday and it IS a happy tuesday!!!!!!  First off, little Ian is 5 weeks old today!  Wow!  He's growing and changing and learning every day!  And it's REALLY happy because I actually managed to stamp over the weekend.  It wasn't much and it didn't go well at first BUT I knew I had the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge coming up today so I needed to do...something....and there in lies the problem.  I needed an idea...something that I have been coming up short on (even for my control freaks swap that is due soon).  It's been rare that I get the motivation to stamp, get an idea, AND it turns out like I wanted...or better.  But magic happened as I was sitting on the couch with Baby B and daddy and looking at Pinterest.  I had an IDEA!

I thought something was wrong with me as I popped up and said I'll be back, I gotta go stamp lol!  He's been encouraging me to go stamp a lot but without motivation or ideas I don't feel like it...and his prodding just serves to further annoy me lol!  I think he wonders what happened to "his" wife sometimes ;-)

But I ran downstairs with this color combo (which I love by the way) and got to work on my idea!


Ack!  Isn't it fabulous?  And totally not something I would normally do on my own I have to admit!

I thought they would look fabulous with the new mini stamp set four feathers (which has an awesome matching set of framelits that comes 15% off as a bundle)!  I was looking at all kinds of cute stuff made with it on Pinterest and thought, I can make something cute!!!!  :-)


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Four feathers, good greetings (FREE with qualifying order or workshop)
Paper:  Whisper white
Ink:  Marina mist, night of navy, hello honey
Accessories:  Linen thread, sequin trim, four feathers framelits

I also really love the good greetings stamp set which is a free hostess set with a qualifying order or workshop!  It's so cute, I love the font!  And it was the perfect size for this card!  I was so happy such a simple card could turn out so well!  And I came up with the idea all on my own!  Amazing, lol!

I'd like to say thanks to whoever came up with this challenge as I really needed the inspiration and a kick in the pants and to be honest, Sunday night I REALLY needed a pick me up for no good reason...Sundays have always been a hard day for me if I'm down.  I suppose part of it is wonderful hormones and the fact that I need to go "home" soon and get a change of scenery and of course the fact that I'm trying to figure out a new normal with a tiny human...lol....but making this card really lifted my spirits.  I'm pretty homesick not only because I miss "home" and my friends and family who could totally help me with the baby but I also feel bad that all of our families are missing time with him.  I'm sure I'll get used to it and there will be plenty of visits but this first couple of months before vaccinations is hard...and I don't really want to take him on a 3-4 hour car ride just yet either!  Anyway, this totally helped me feel better :-)

Make sure to check out all the awesome cards from the DT and then get busy and play along with us.  Hey, If I managed to make something YOU can too :-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...