Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Freakin' Love You

Hi stampers!  It's that time of the month!  Time to get freaky with the Control Freaks Blog Hop!

This month's theme is all about love and Valentine's day and Sale A Bration, which of course is like Christmas for stampers!!!!!!! You probably just came from the fabulous Cindy's blog!!!!  Wasn't her stuff awesomesauce????!!!  But no worries if you happened upon here on your own....we make an endless loop so just keep clicking and you can see all the awesome!

The first card uses my favorite SAB stamp set, see ya later!  My mom and her parents sang You Are My Sunshine all the time and said see ya later alligator a lot too so I LOVE this set!!!!  And while I didn't use either one of those sayings, the one I did use is perfect for a V-day card!  I wanted something not overly girly looking for my hubby.  I guess the ruffles are a little feminine but it just needed something!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  See ya later
Paper:  Whisper white, smokey slate, coastal cabana, red glimmer
Ink:  (Markers)  Basic gray, real red, coastal cabana
Accessories:  Hearts collection and apothecary accents framelits, argyle embossing folder, coastal cabana ruffled ribbon, brights glimmer brads, basic pearls

Next up is a Valentine and I guess I cheated at bit because it's not with SAB stuff but it's still a Valentine card nonetheless.  The arrow I have to say, is soft sky because I already had it cut out :-)  And there is white ink sponged on the popped up layer.  It looks better in person!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Off the grid, hip notes, peachy keen
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, fresh prints DSP stack
Ink:  Whisper white craft, crumb cake, real red, soft sky
Accessories:  Circle punch, heart punch, on film and word bubble framelits, retro fresh DSP

And finally a super CAS card using the SAB banner stamp set and matching punch.  I hope you don't think I took the easy way out by going too simple but I saw a sketch like this and just thought this stamp would be super cute with the set in a monotone color combo!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Banner blast
Paper:  Whisper white, melon mambo
Ink:  (In order from left to right)  Pink pirouette, blushing bride, primrose petals, strawberry slush, melon mambo

And there ya have it!  Next up is the awesome Wendy, my fellow runner, shortie, and stampy BFF!!!!!!

Happy stamping!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. How stinkin' ca-YOOT is that little "love banner" on that last card???? <3 <3 <3 Love all three cards, though!! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, all three of your cards rock! Love how you snuck in the ribbon on the first card along with the red glimmer. The arrow on the 2nd card works perfectly with all the other elements and all the white space with the banners on the 3rd card are just perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cards! Lovin' the crumb cake with the grid, tape and touch of white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! Love that big sparkly red heart on the first card...I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. kind of plain and simple but wow!!!!!! Loving that bling read heart on the first one...they are all so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...