Friday, November 15, 2013

Fab Friday 31

Hi stampers and happy Friday!  I can't believe it's mid-November already!  While I'm all about Christmas time is just going too fast!  But since time marches on, it's time for another challenge over at Fab Friday!  And you really should play along because we only have a few more challenges until we take a break for the holidays!

It's time for a sketch and here's a fun one pulled straight from the pages of the Holiday Catalog!


The catalogs are a terrific resource for ideas!  You can copy a card exactly as is or you can just use it for color and sketch inspirations.  I look through the catalogs quite often and pay more attention to the actual card layout than the cards/images themselves.  If you find yourself stuck for a sketch or that to be the hardest element of cardmaking like I do you should try looking for sketches in the catalogs!  You can change up the colors, elements, and images to suit your needs!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Santa's list, Christmas messages
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, season  of style DSP
Ink:  Old olive, cherry cobbler, craft whisper white
Accessories:  Cherry cobbler baker's twine, dazzling details, hung up cute clips

The card this sketch is based off of can be found on page 9 on the bottom right corner (and also on the bottom center of the cover).  It's hard to tell in the photo (and I know it's kind of blurry but I'm still fighting with GIMP) but there is dazzling details on the little pom pom on the end of his hat and the whole card is sponged with craft white ink.

Now make sure to check out the Fab Friday site and see the rest of the amazing samples and then play along!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...