Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Starbuck's inspired

Hi stampers.  So I visited SB's more times than I care to mention over vacation....but in my defense it WAS vacation after all and it was hot (obviously I got iced drinks...I just shook my head at the hundreds of people drinking HOT coffee at the 90-100+ degree pool) AND by the time we'd walked 4+ miles in addition to our morning run I needed something to refresh and recharge ;-)  And then of course there was breakfast...and I love me some SB's oatmeal!!!!!

And what's funny is that I used to HATE coffee!  Like gag!  I loved the smell and as much as my momma loves coffee you would have thought it would be a given...but no....it took getting a Keurig (did I spell that right, I never know) for Christmas from the in-laws to get me hooked!  I love the different flavors you can get.  So, I finally got brave and tried some SB's one day...I was totally scared to order there for a long time with all the jargon, lol!!!!

Sooooo of course I had to have perfect blend when the new catalog came out!  After a quick iced skinny mocha run on Saturday (I mean....technically it was STILL vacation, hehe...oh and it was free because the garbage truck penned us in at the one at my mom's for like 10 minutes on Friday so we got a free voucher) I was inspired to make this card!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Perfect blend, gorgeous grunge
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, gumball green, baked brown sugar
Ink:  Gumball green, baked brown sugar
Accessories:  Heart punch

I used the brown sugar ink instead of crumb cake because I really wanted it to look like coffee.  And I think that gumball green looks pretty close to Starbuck's green.

And I'm still a little afraid to order anything different than my usual 3-4 kinds of drinks....what's your favorite????

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. I'm one of those crazies who gets hot coffee in 100 degree weather. :) I just love me some lattes! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy! I was wondering how much use out of this set I would really get, but you have made a card to convince me to try it out! lol! I love the image and saying but still kind of stumped how to get some mileage out of it. The brown sugar and gumball green are a "perfect blend". lol!!! Seriously, what a cute card.

    I'm a coffee girl and will drink it in hot weather unless I'm going somewhere that I don't want sweat dripping. Gross! So, I find I switch to iced coffee in July and August, then back to the hot stuff. I just discovered Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte (or something like that...with nonfat milk) that has become my fav. I don't understand all the lingo and stick with just a few drinks in this store. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one :-) I feel like I sound stupid when I have to add non fat and sugar free and all that jazz...haha!

      Delete
  3. Skinny sf vanilla latte! Hot or iced - yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...