Thursday, March 28, 2013

Obsessed

Hi stampers!  Ok, I have a confession!  I'm sort of obsessed with a few things:

1 - The "hey there friend" and splatter stamp from the March My Paper Pumpkin kit!  I LOVE them and can't stop using them on everything...the dog better look out, lol!

2 - The Oh, Hello stamp set.  I seriously can't seem to use any other set the last few days!

3 - The natural ribbon from the spring catalog that looks like burplap.  I mentioned on my FB page the other day that I can't believe I waited so long to get it.  I shied away because while I love burlap it's scratchy and smells funny (lol) but this ribbon is super soft and I LURVE it!

So all these obsessions are leading me to making basically the SAME card over and over, lol!  But as long as I like them I guess that's not so bad, right?  Here's a couple:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: March 2013 my paper pumpkin
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, island indigo, tea for two DSP
Ink:  Crumb cake, so saffron, island indigo, calypso coral
Accessories:  Flower trim, basic pearls, lace tape, calypso coral and island indigo ruffled ribbon, natural trim, ovals framelits

Ack!  I just love that chevron with that stamp!  I did stamp off once with the coral ink so it's a bit softer.  And you see my nice little flowers?  I colored them with our inks and a dauber.  The lace tape is a bit stark I thought after the fact but I guess it's ok.  I finally broke down and bought some of that too....
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  March 2013 my paper pumpkin, oh hello
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, sunshine and sprinkles DSP
Ink:  Crumb cake, daffodil delight, calypso coral, island indigo
Accessories:  Pop-up posies kit, ovals framelits, naturals trim

See my pretty little yellow brad?  I colored one of the white ones from the posies kit so it would match. It was easy with a sponge and some ink!  Also, see how my chevron oval looks a little distressed?  It's because I inked it with a sponge and then stamped off a bit for a softer look.

There are more but I'll save them for another day:-)  Tomorrow's Fab Friday post may look oddly similar too, lol!  I don't want to call it a rut because I'm really enjoying using these things and the finished products but does anyone else do this sometimes?  Get kind of stuck on using certain things and making versions of one project???

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the top card! The fabric flowers are so pretty along with all the ribbon and lace tape. I also love the splatter stamp...it adds such a neat look to anything! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, I love your blog! You have the best cards and ideas and I love your style! I saw that you had posted you were at the St. Louis Regional... sorry I missed you. I would have loved to have met you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...