Tuesday, February 26, 2013

HSS 154

Hi stampers!  It's time for a new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  It's a sketch this week!  I love sketches!  It's usually the hardest part for me when designing a card!

And I have to say that after a full birthday weekend of celebrating and also a lot of doing nothing at all I wasn't really excited to sit down and HAVE to stamp something for this challenge (sometimes I work ahead...sometimes I just wing it, lol) late Sunday night. I don't think I got started until after 8 which is rare for me.  Most of the time when I stamp it's earlier in the day or evening and I'm winding down by 8 or 9.  So, I was super surprised when this card came together really quick AND I kind of loved it:-)  Must be the fact that it's a GREAT sketch!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Patterned occasions (SAB)
Paper:  Whisper white, rich razzleberry, lucky limeade, calypso coral, sycamore street DSP (SAB)
Ink:  Rich razzleberry, lucky limeade, calypso coral
Accessories:  Window frames collection framelits, paper peircing pack, calypso coral ribbon & button pack (SAB), whisper white baker's twine, lattice border punch, basic rhinestones

I have to say I was going to use a circle for my elephant only to find that she wouldn't fit in the punch I wanted to use!  Whoops!  So onto plan B...which worked out and I like how I put the pearls in the corner!  So yay for plan B! :-)  And that is calypso coral.  I had to take the picture at night so the colors are a bit off.  In the picture I think it looks more tangerine...but it's not.  Oh and I did totally screw up and use elegant eggplant for the flower and sentiment instead of razzleberry but just pretend it's razzleberry, ok?  And please don't tell me I'm the only one who does that!!!  I thought it looked funny for a few minutes and then it dawned on me what I did...but I didn't feel like doing it over...close enough, right? LOL!

Ok, make sure to check out all the other design team samples and don't forget to play along!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Oh-Oh- I LOVE the rhinestone in the flower- OMG!! I am such a sucker for some bling, and wouldn't you know I totally left it off mine, Wha??? I LOVE your tangerine calypso - who knows it may end up in the new in-color family, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good birthday weekend! Your card is adorable, I love the shape you used, and the little pearls look so good there in the corner. You can never go wrong with cheerful reds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! This would bring a smile to the recipients face for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...