Saturday, November 17, 2012

More news

Hi stampers!  There is more exciting news from SU...it just doesn't stop!  Starting Monday and through November 28th we are having an ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA!

There will be amazing deals with some items up to 50% off!  There will also be extra special deals on the first and last days!  Make sure to check out my online store HERE to see what's on sale.  Get some gifts for the crafters in your life and some for YOU!  :-)

And now a quick card!  I missed the deadline for the sketch I used at Retrosketches since I had to work late last night and then got sucked into a new book...before I knew it, it was after 1 am and I HAD to get to bed as I was running 5K this morning, lol!  It ended up ok, I wanted to run in under 28 minutes and I made it in just over 27!  Yay!

So this card is now only for the Colour Q challenge which I loved this week and immediately made me think of big cosy sweaters (which is what I'm wearing almost exclusively now, ha) and mittens of course!  What do you think?

And I came up with this cute card!

Now, don't mind the mittens because they are both left but I couldn't get that stamp to do a right mitten:-).  I also thought the argyle folder lent itself and texture well.

Hope you like it, I'm off to spend some time with my momma!  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the sale or any of the fun things going on with SU!  I'd be happy to help you!

Happy stamping!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your great running time! I am running a 5K on Thanksgiving and hoping to do it under 30 minutes.....we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and good luck with your race!!! I'll be running that morning too but "just for fun" :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your cards!!, all of them. I found a video on how to make both mittens through Splitcoast. It may be of help to you. http://www.stamperdog.com/2012/11/how-to-flip-your-mitten-punch-video.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I have seen that video BUT it only works for the double mitten stamp. There is still no way to make the single mitten a pair...you can only stamp it one way:-) Trust me, I tried...and tried...and tried....and...., hehe!

      Delete
    2. Oh shucks! Here I thought I was helping you since you're so generous with your cards and sharing techniques.

      Delete
    3. No problem! Thanks for sharing anyway! Maybe it can help someone else, I had just seen it this week also and swore I could make it work with the single mitten...to no avail! I was driving myself insane, lol! It just won't work...BOOOOO!

      Delete
  3. Love that card - everything comes together so nicely!! Great use of those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so cute!! Love the texture and colours on this one. Fabulous!! --Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those mittens!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy, Try stamping the mitten four times. Keep one as is, cut the thumb area off the second, turn the thumb over and use it to cut it out of the third, then paper piece it to the fourth! cut from the wrist to the top of the thumb. e-mail me if you want me to post it, but I am sure it will work, I have done that with other stamps. I think your card is brilliant with both mittens the same, but if it bothered you that is what I would do. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! It just looks all warm and cozy like mittens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...