Friday, September 28, 2012

TGI Fab Friday

Hi stampers!  Thank GOODNESS it's finally Friday!  And by Friday I mean a Friday before a weekend I don't have to work!!!  Well except for teaching turbo kick at the Y Saturday and Sunday....but that's not really work....it's getting paid to work out, right?  I really wish I had a weekend with NOTHING planned but this is better than working 20+ hours like the past few!  Fridays just aren't the same when you know you'll be putting in tons of hours!  We only have one more out of town football game with the season winding down so hopefully that means I'll have more time to stamp!  That is IF I can get my workouts in before that!  I've gained a few pounds that I have to get serious about taking off so I've started a formal running program in hopes that I don't have any excuses not to work out:-)  So, if you don't see me around it means I'm probably out running like a good girl!

Now onto the challenge at Fab Friday!  Last week's color challenge was just that for many people, a challenge!  But I'm happy about that!  Sometimes it's good to have a challenge that well....challenges you!  I know not many of us would have put those colors together but everyone did a great job!

This week we have a clean and simple sketch for you.
And this is what I came up with.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  For the birds
Paper:  Watercolor, real red, marina mist, polka dot parade DSP, patio party DSP, summer smooches DSP
Ink:  Staz on, various for watercoloring
Accessories:  Dazzling details

This card came about because I wasn't really in a stamping mood the other night but I wanted to do SOMETHING creative (I have two favorite saying 1-To do something creative every day and 2- to sweat every day...not that either actually happens on a daily basis, ha) so I thought I'd color a bit.  I inked up my for the birds set and colored this cute little scene.  And after it set on my desk for a few days I thought it would look super cute with this sketch.  Remember, sketches are just a starting point so feel free to change up the shapes or flip them!

And it's hard to see but there is dazzling details on the little butterfly.

Now head on over the Fab Friday site and see what everyone came up with.  And don't forget to play along with us!  Remember you have almost two weeks!

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. I love your color combo Mindy! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love the bright, fun colors and your watercoloring is fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Mindy! Love the bright colors! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...love all your polkadots in the fun colors, and your chosen stamped image! Great Layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...