Thursday, September 20, 2012

More mittens

Hi stampers!  I have a problem!  I can't stop making Christmas cards when I should be making fall-themed cards!  Help!  I have all this stuff and I'm not using it and time is running out????  Anyone with me?  I have no idea what the deal is as I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall and Halloween!  Soooo....that's the goal for this next few weeks (I'd say weekend but have to work 15+ hours Friday and that or more on Saturday so that's not going to happen, ha)!  You guys need to keep tabs on me and keep me in line if I don't start sharing FALL cards!  :-)  Hopefully the cool fall weather we just started having will help me!   It's getting to be sweater and sweatshirt weather!  Love it!

Anyway....as I mentioned yesterday, I've been in a stamping slump the past week or so.  But I got my monthly demo magazine last week so I sat down Sunday and decided to case one of the projects from it (and there are a LOT of cute ideas I want to make in there).  That usually helps me get my mojo going...and it did!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Make a mitten, teeny tiny wishes
Ink:  Crumb cake, whisper white craft, cherry cobbler, versamark
Paper:  Crumb cake, cherry cobbler, snow festival DSP
Accessories:  Mitten builder punch, clear embossing powder, cherry cobbler baker's twine, brights glimmer brads

I cased the card pretty much exactly as it was except I added a few details.  The inspiration card was only one layer but I really like to add another layer sponged in white when using craft.  It just looks more "wintery" to me.  I also sponged the mitten to give it a little more depth.  And just because I'm lazy (lol) I used the red striped strip instead of green because I didn't feel like cutting my DSP up more, ha!  And that's how I got my strips of paper....they are actually a pattern of the DSP and I just cut them into individual strips.  Just think how many cards you could get out of ONE sheet like that!

I really didn't think I needed this stamp set back when the seasonal catalog came out....but you know how that goes.  And I'm super glad I broke down and got it before my magazine came so I could make this card!  There are still a FEW things I've resisted....but the catalog isn't over yet, ha!

Now, don't forget to hold me accountable for some fall cards:-)

Happy stamping!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! You are going to force me to pull out my much neglected white craft ink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set, although I have yet to purchase it. I once saw a saying that said, "mittens warm hands, friends warm hearts" I think it would go perfect with this set and could be printed with MDS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...