Monday, September 10, 2012

Mailable Monday - For the birds

Hi stampers!  And another weekend is in the books.  Where did it go?  Of course mine went way to fast because we went to see my mom and there's never enough time when we go there.  It was nice to be able to spend time in her new house now that it's done.  We hung out on her big comfy couch and watched a movie after going to dinner.  I really love having our own room and bath room with shower......we all used to be crammed into the living room of the old farm house with one bathroom and a creepy shower in the cellar:-)  I wish I could just take a whole week off and go do nothing down there and hang out with my momma!  Oh well....speaking of my mom today's card is one that I sent her a week or two ago.

I got this set as part of my Artisan finalist goodies/freebies and wanted to ink it up so I made a quick and simple....and mailable card.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  For the birds, distressed dots
Paper:  Watercolor, pool party, summer starfruit
Ink:  Staz-on, pool party, summer starfruit
Accessories:  Primrose petals satin stitched ribbon

I sent it to my momma because she loves birds!  She feeds goldfinches and hummingbirds and has a bunch of bluebird houses.  She wishes she could attract indigo buntings (they are sooooo pretty) but hasn't found out how yet.  She had it out on her kitchen island this weekend, hehe!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I love how you colored in the mailbox. I have this set, but struggled with this stamp. Will give it another try.

    I would love to attract Indigo buntings also. Talked to the people at the bird store & they tell me they like a tube feeder, not a very big one though so the food stays really fresh. And they like white millet, which is really inexpensive to buy. Guess that's it & then hope they find their way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet your momma just loved this card...I sure do!
    I always have this problem....mailable cards!! Ladies buy cards from me and I just hate selling them cards that will cost them extra postage...but generally mailable cards are so blah...so I'm glad you're showing us they can be beautiful!! Thanks, you're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute, bright colors! It's mailable AND there's so much going on there with the glorious color and that red pop of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mindy, thanks for your sweet comment on my fall card for your new challenge. I hope to play along every week if God willing. Love this card and this set too. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...