Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mac attack

Hi stampers, this will be a quick post because one, I'm in the middle of my Artisan finalist blog hop....so if you're looking for the blog hop just scroll down one post.  I don't mean to make you hunt but I just HAD to do some challenges this week!  I needed some stamping stress relief from football:-)  You can also find all the blog hop posts by finding the "2012 Artisan Award" link over on the index.

And two, I got a Macbook!  Eek!  So all my free time is needed to figure the darned thing out, lol!  So, if you see crazy posts from me or wonky photos you'll know why!  Right now and probably all this week I'll be using both the Mac and my old laptop, lol!  Wonder if there will be room on my desk to stamp???  I still can't believe the hubby got it for me!!!!  I love him....and speaking of that very subject I think it's quite fitting that I just happened to make this card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge....he will be getting it this week!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Blue ribbon, family reunion
Paper:  Very vanilla, early espresso, crumb cake, world spectacular DSP
Ink:  Cherry cobbler, daffodil delight, island indigo, early espresso
Accessories:  Chevron embossing folder, circle punch, scallop circle punch

I just loved Jen's sketch and I'd been needing to ink up the blue ribbon set for weeks now!  Funny how it worked out that I happened to make the very card I could really use this week!
 And I know that this is Freshly Made Sketches but there is just the TEENIEST bit of sponging on the card....shhhhh...don't tell...but I just had to!  The center didn't look right without a light edging of daffodil delight.  I also wore in the No: part since he is No: 1!!!!

Ok, I'm off to figure out what I do instead of right clicking;-)

Happy stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Too cute, Mindy! Love the fun colors and that sassy chevron background. Welcome to the world of Mac-tastic awesomeness, once again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy! Great card! I love that chevron embossed background and the bold colors on the kraft! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and fun but still manly! A hard combination, but you did it great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job with the sketch, Mindy! Love the blue-ribbon for your husband. I had about a 2 weeks "adjustment" period from my Windows laptop to my Mac. Now I LOVE it! Don't be afraid to call the fabulous Mac team if you have questions. They always answered mine right away. Glad you played along this week (I'll be Artisan hopping soon...thanks for letting us know).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I am sure the hubby will love it. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Mindy! I love that blue ribbon set and totally love the colours you've chosen! Your husband will love it! You will get used to the Mac though a year into owning mine I'm still getting used to it!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulousc card Mindy ...love the mix of patterns ... perfectly created!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...