Monday, May 21, 2012

Mailable Mondy - In color edition

Hi stampers!  I've been slacking on my mailable Monday feature!  I didn't even realize it until this week!  Yikes and shame on me!  Well, to try to make up for it I've got an extra special treat for you....another sneak peek of the new in colors!  I have been itching to play with my new stuff but it's been on the back burner while I finish my Artisan Award projects.  I really wished I'd decided to enter the contest earlier so I could be done and ready to play with my new things!  I'll know better for next year!

Anyway, how this card came to be is a bit of a funny story.  A friend over on Splitcoast Stampers is having trouble with a few of her new style ink pads (very sad!) and she stamped up a little comparison chart using the stamp featured on my card.  Well, I wanted to see what my pads looked like with that same stamp so I stamped up a storm on some scratch paper.  My pads stamped beautifully even on my plain old grid paper...so I'm hoping that SU can get the wonky pads fixed up quick!  But, I realized I'd never used the little circle stamp and the colors were quite pretty....so I had to make this card!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Just believe
Paper:  Whisper white, summer starfruit, raspberry ripple, primrose petals
Ink:  Summer starfruit, raspberry ripple, primrose petals, versamark
Accessories:  White embossing powder, circle punch, square punch

I really like the summer starfruit color!  It's very trendy and seems to be everywhere I look!  As far as the other two colors...I think it's a bit strange to have two pink-ish colors in one group of in-colors but they are pretty!  I just haven't had the time to play with them much yet!  The raspberry color is just that...it's a nice rich raspberry color and the primrose color is a nice dusty dark pink (dare I say mauve-ish???).  I don't usually like "dusty" (aka mauve, lol) colors but this one and blushing bride are A-ok!

I hope you enjoyed the return of mailable Monday...we'll see how long I can keep it up, ha!  At least I'll have more time to stamp for fun after I mail the AA entries in...they have to be at SU before next Wednesday!  I can't wait to share everything I've made with you in July or August!  I better remember to take some pictures!!!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Mailable Monday! I've missed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see Mailable Monday didn't make the "retired" list. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice design. Like these new colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...