Tuesday, May 29, 2012

HSS 120

Hi stampers!  It's Tuesday and time for another challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  This week is a little bit different....it's time for anything but a card!  This week is wearable art!


How fun????  So...anything wearable...pins, jewelry, head bands, clothing even!!!! Whatever you can come up with that is wearable!  Show us what you got!!!!  And feel free to model it:-P

I made a pin and it's kind of BIG:-)  It's almost 6 inches across!!!!  I have a few sweaters that are really plain so I thought a big pin might liven them up!  I might also put in on my purse. 
Stampin' Supplies:
Flirtatious designer series fabric, elegant eggplant scalloped dotted ribbon, subtles buttons, baker's twine, fun flowers die, thread, fabric glue, hot glue, pin

It was very easy to make.  First I took a strip of the hot pink fabric and sewed two rows of stitches and then pulled the top two threads to gather it into a circle and stitched the ends together (which is a big deal since I don't really sew much....SO if I can do this...anyone can, ha).  Then I took three of the wisteria flowers and two of the light pink ones and hand stitched them all together.  It might have looked even cooler with more flowers for more dimension!  I used fabric adhesive to glue on the ribbon and to glue the small group of flowers to the big base.  I then hot glued the button on top!  The bottom is just some felt cut in a circle and a pin hot glued on.  I used a magnetic one so it won't harm any fabric!  It took less than an hour to make!

Now, what wearable art can YOU make?????  Go check out what the rest of the team came up with....they are FABULOUS....and link up your creation!

Happy stamping....or sewing...or whatever:-)

2 comments:

  1. Love this pin! Great way to use the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute!!! So Bright and Cheerful!!! Great job with the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...