Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just my type

Hi stampers!  I have a fun card for you today using more goodies out of the new Occasions Mini catalog!  I knew I had to have the Just My Type set as soon as I saw it!  It's another sentimental set for me.  My grandma (on my dad's side) had a typewriter and she used to let me "play" on it when I was there.  I think I could have typed all day if she let me.  I don't think I even typed words, just gibberish, lol!  Anyway, this set reminded me of that and it's just plain cute!  The sentiments that you can put on the "paper" are sooo cute!

So I sat down to play with it the other day and came up with a card that was based on one I'd seen by the talented Mary Fish.  I loved the bold combo of island indigo with red and black

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Just my type
Paper:  Whisper white, real red, island indigo, real red smooth & textured
Ink:  Basic black
Accessories:  Printed in color brads, 3 inch circle die, full heart punch, adorning accents embossing folders

The heart is punched from textured card stock for a bit more dimension.  I thought it looked too plain with smooth.  I just love that little sentiment!  I also adore the embossed hearts, that folder is going to get a lot of use!

Anyway, a pretty simple card today!

Happy stamping

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Mindy!! I just got this set myself but it's still in the box!! haha, can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sooo AWESOME! The entire layout, color combo, and accents are pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...