Sunday, November 20, 2011

Free thinking

Hi stampers!  I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!  I can't believe that it's going to be Thanksgiving in a few days!  I haven't had a whole lot of time to stamp lately and yesterday was no exception as I had a continuing ed class all day but I got some inky time today!  I also stayed up late stamping on Thursday night.  If you follow my blog you'll remember me posting that my great aunt was in the hospital that night (she's fine and thanks to all who left kind notes and prayers for her:-) and I was worried about my parents driving back home so late.  So, what's a stamper to do?  Stay up late and make cards until you know the parents are home a-ok:-)  I got a few cards done even with the "late start" that night and the card I have for you today is a bit of a special one. 

I made it for my cousin and her husband who was just diagnosed with cancer and starting chemo this week.  And I don't usually ask much of my blog readers but I'd really appreciate it if you could keep them both in your thoughts and prayers!  Now, I have a LARGE stockpile of cards all ready to go but I didn't seem to have any "manly" thinking of you cards.  I know a flowery card would have been appreciated just as much but I'll always take any excuse to make a new card!  I kept it pretty simple both because of time and the tone of the card. 


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Lean on me, borderlines
Paper:  Watercolor, crumb cake, river rock, marina mist
Ink:  River rock, marina mist, stazon
Accessories:  Circle punch, dotted scalloped border punch

I haven't used this set much yet but I really like it and it's nice to have when I need it.  I used my simply scored to make a couple of score lines under the river rock strip although they don't show well in the photo, they add a little more interest to the card.  Other than that I kept it very simple.

Enjoy what little is left of the weekend before the chaos of Thanksgiving week starts!  I've got to cram some stamping in before Wednsday to get my hubby's birthday card done:-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...