Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bargello

Hi stampers!  It's Tuesday again and time for another fabulous challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  This time it's a technique challenge: 






This was a fun challenge and also another new technique for me!  If you're new to bargello as well there is a great pictorial over on Splitcoast.  Basically, you just cut strips of paper (usually DSP) and glue them down in random patterns to a base.  Then, you cut that into strips and then line those strips up in any pattern you want. 

I thought that the spice cake DSP would be just PERFECT for this technique and very timely since it's just about Thanksgiving...which I don't even want to to talk to think about since I cannot BELIEVE it's the middle of November already!  Where does the time go, especially between Halloween and Christmas!!!?????  Anyway, here is my card:



Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Gently falling, tiny tags
Paper:  More mustard, pear pizzazz, soft suede, very vanilla, spice cake DSP
Ink:  More mustard, pear pizzazz, soft suede
Accessories:  Scallop circle and circle dies, jewelry tag punch, linen thread, gold smooch spray

Since the bargello is pretty geometric I wanted to use a different shape so I cut the whole thing out of a circle when I was done.  I also sprayed the whole thing with the gold smooch spritz.  It's very pretty and shimmery in real life!  Other than that it's pretty self explanatory!  Now, I have ONE tip....make sure you glue down the ENTIRE strip when you are laying down your DSP layer....I wasn't thinking and didn't and when I went to cut my sheet apart tiny pieces went EVERYWHERE!  LOL!  It was kind of like putting a puzzle together!!!!

Now head on over to HSS using the link at the top of the post to see what else the DT came up with and to play along! 

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge Mindy! I'm digging the circular Bargello shape, it's super eye catching in Spice Cake and brings out your beautiful blog background too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought to use the technique as a circle. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...