Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Frenzy 2011

Hi stampers!  Yesterday was my Fall Frenzy class...actually the whole day was sort of a frenzy...well, scratch that...the whole WEEKEND was a frenzy, so the class was aptly named, lol!  I worked about 15 hours on Friday and then had to be back from about 8-noon on Saturday as well.  Then I had to work out still, shower, and get the house ready for the class!  My BFF came to the class too so we visited after class and then went to dinner with my hubby and out to listen to a band.  Yeesh!  As if that wasn't enough, we had to make a mad dash down to my mom's and back today to help her inspect her new house (which is awesome, I can't wait until we can paint and they can move in...minus the actual process of moving, yuck)!  She wanted a couple more pair of eyes which I think was a good idea!

 Thank goodness someone covered my class at the Y for me that I was supposed to teach or I'd have really been frenzied (is that even a word? LOL).  Figures my one Sunday a month to teach would fall on THIS weekend!  Next weekend isn't much better as there is an all day (like 7am-9pm) volleyball tournament I have to cover as well as a soccer game and football game with our cross town rivals!  It's always fun trying to be two places at once!  Maybe I'll be running around enough that I won't even miss my workout that day, lol!

Anyway, enough of my whining because it was all worth it as the class was a ton of fun!  Just look:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Out on a limb, teeny tiny wishes, woodgrain
Paper:  Whisper white, concord crush, lucky limeade, basic black, wisteria wonder, brights DSP stack
Ink:  Staz-on, concord crush, more mustard, lucky limeade, daffodil delight
Accessories:  2.5" circle punch, scalloped border punch, houndstooth embossing folder, basic black taffeta ribbon, glimmer brads

Isn't she a cute, witchy woman?  I borrowed this idea from fellow demo Mary Haugen (thanks Mary;-) and it was a last minute addition to the class.  I had made a card (I'll show you later) and just wasn't feeling it so on Wed night (my last night off to get anything ready for the class and get ALL of the materials prepped) I decided to switch things up and go with this card instead.  I really live on the edge, I tell ya! I love all the pattern and texture on this card and I think my class did too!

Next up:
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Gently falling, grateful greetings
Paper:  Very vanilla, more mustard, soft suede, crumb cake, first edition DSP
Ink:  more mustard, soft suede
Accessories:  Pool party ruffled ribbon, scallop squares duo die, color spritzer tool, gold smooch spritz

I wanted a simple and easy yet gorgeous fall card and I think this one fit the bill just right!  We had fun spritzing with the smooch and I think everyone learned the farther away you spray, the better:-)  The clear blocks also make two step stamping so much easier since I don't have to pull out my stamp-a-majig tool all the time!

And finally (don't forget to check out my last post for the first project):


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Falling leaves
Paper:  Soft suede, pool party (textured), very vanilla
Ink:  Soft suede
Accessories:  Color spritzer tool, large tag punch, linen thread, spice cake fabric, spice cake designer buttons, linen embossing folder

How CUTE would these be as favors for Thanksgiving dinner????  They are sour cream containers and they are SO easy to make!  I'll try to do a video soon!  I'll try to make them the right way as we had a little mis-hap in assembly at class.  I'll blame it on my brain being fried with all the goin-on's of the weekend!  These were easy to dress up too with the tag and fabric and button!  And the best part is that there is a little candy bar in there!  No refrigeration necessary:-)

I hope you enjoyed the projects even if you couldn't be with us!  And I hope my class had as much fun as I did!  Stay tuned to see the "reject" card from class!  Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Really Cute Class! I love them all. I am now following you from SC.
    I am doing a Count Down to Halloween Blog hop for 12 weeks and giving away SU stuff. Come by and check it out I am starting week 6 Monday Morning. Just make anything Halloween to join.. :)

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects - and your little Witchy Woman is so cute! I didn't want that set until now, maybe!? Very Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, and cute! Sounds like you are a busy girl! Wish I could attend one of your fun classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the little witch not remind you of the old show "bewitched"? She is so cute! Love the sour cream packets. Those would be perfect as favors or name cards! Oh My gosh, I am throwing a fall bridal shower in a few weeks. I think I'll be making these as favors:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...