Monday, September 5, 2011

Easy event - wedding

Hi stampers, in honor of labor day here is an EASY card I made the other night.  It's one you can make without a lot of labor:-)  I told you we had a wedding on Saturday and I made a card AFTER a 12+ hour day of work at about 11 at night on Friday (so you KNOW it had to really actually be easy, lol) as I didn't know if I had a wedding card and it was more fun to make one than to actually look for one.  I had to laugh in the morning as my hubby kind of freaked out about not having a card when we woke up.  I just looked at him and said it was taken care of....and then he said "and that's why I married you."  :-)  Guess it was the fact that he'd never have to rush out to buy a card ever again that reeled him in, LOL!  He actually tells people that, hahaha!

I usually do more "elegant" wedding cards but I'd been itching to use the wedding stamp from easy events simply because it was cute.  Thinking back I wish I would have embossed the image with black as to be a bit more fancy but it still turned out well I think...what about you?

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Easy events, tiny tags
Paper:  Whisper white, island indigo
Ink:  staz-on, island indigo, real red, lucky limeade
Accessories:  Jewelry punch, polka dot embossing folder, real red taffeta ribbon, crochet thread

The color combo of island indigo and real red is a bit out of the box for me but with all that white I wanted something striking.  I usually try to make a card in the wedding colors if I can but I wasn't sure what they were this time around.  I also realized I forgot to put some bling (either dazzling diamonds or dazzling details) on the heart but that's what happens when you stamp after that long at work and that late at night, haha.  I COULD have been home at 9:30 but I sent a kid to the ER so I had to go there to wait for him....BUT he never showed up...I was pretty mad since I had things I could have been doing at home and had to sit there waiting and then they didn't show up AND because he really needed an x-ray....guess we will see how that plays out tomorrow at practice!  Just a day in the life of an athletic trainer:-)  Anyway......

So that's my card and it was so easy!  And now also in honor of labor day I'm going to continue to do NOTHING and NOT labor....we DID go to the grocery store and I did take a nap so I've done SOMETHING today, lol!  And I do plan to go for a run since it's in the 60's here which is amazing and I do plan to stamp a little something tonight too....maybe ;-)  Hope you're enjoying whatever you're doing (or not doing) today!

Happy stamping and happy labor day!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  Oh and I didn't forget about the SCS Creative Crew projects, I just didn't have as much down time as I thought I would at my mom's (which is always the case) since I was busy running around her new house deciding where furniture should go and what color to paint what and how to decorate and all that fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...