Sunday, June 26, 2011

DOH! More doilies!

Hi stampers!  Doh (in my best Homer Simpson voice) MORE DOILIES?!?!?!  I know I said I'd move on but I've got more cards using delicate doilies for you:-)  This set is just so easy to use and I'm loving the new in colors!  I have been playing around with this simple set when toying with ideas for general swapping at convention.  I'm not sure if I'll make many as I don't have a ton of time and it's stressing me out a but and I don't like to put a ton of work into the cards when I might not get some great quality things back.  I'll probably make some and when I'm out, I'm out.  I am in a cool organized swap with two spots so I should have around 30 awesome samples to share after convention!  I also hate mass producing cards so I already have an aversion to swaps, lol! 

Anyway I was playing around with the same general layout you've seen me use a few times here and also playing with some of the new in colors.  I had not previously used calypso coral but I thought it might look good with wisteria wonder and a couple of this years in colors.  I'm not to thrilled with my first attempt which I used calypso coral, wisteria wonder and poppy parade.  I didn't stamp the colors in the order I had intended to or layered the CS in the way I wanted to either so I may have like them better if I had. 




Oops, I glued this one down upside down:-)  Oh well, I'll just flip the script (why YES, I have been listening to the 90's on 9 on my XM radio) and turn it on it's side.  See, there are no mistakes in stamping...just creative opportunities:-)  I'm just not sure how I like the way the colors worked out and I don't like the four frames label I put on.  Oh well..it's not entirely hideous!

However, I do really like my second attempt!  For this card I was more careful about what colors I stamped and layered where.  I also think I like the color combo of peach parfait, wisteria wonder and calypso coral much better.  This just may make it to convention with me!  It will be easy to reproduce and while it's simple the pearls and rhinestones add just the right amount of glitz.  (Gotta remember to order more of those, I'm going through them like fire!!!)



I also really like how the F in fantastic goes so well with the doilies, they look like they were made for each other!  Remember, that's from one of the new hostess sets, Perfect Words.  I can't beleive that you'll be able to earn the new hostess sets on FRIDAY!!!!  It just can't be July already!!!!! Anyway, I'd promise to show you something else besides doilies next time but we already know there is a good chance that's not going to happen, lol!  We'll see what happens....happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. looks very pretty, Mindy! I didn't get that set but it looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...