Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Royal pain....

Hi stampers!  I have another challenge card today!  I loved the Colour Q challenge this week when I saw it but man, I had the hardest time coming up with this card and that's why I'm calling it a royal pain!  When I make a card I usually work on it until it's finished but I finally gave up the other night and went to bed and then finished it last night.  Not sure why I struggled but the layout gave me fits!  And I'm still not sure I love it...but it's what I got!  Take a look at these colors:

And I want that pillow by the way:-)  So, this combo just screams "manly" doesn't it???  I wasn't sure exactly where I was going with the card BUT I do know that I wanted to include some color spritzing, the linen embossing folder and one of my all time favorite but sadly retired stamp sets Pedaling Past (I'm trying to pull out old sets more often)!  Those are all manly thing right? :-)  As I've said before, I love this set so much because my dad had a bicycle built for two and we used to ride it a lot when I was little.  Good memories!  So obviously this card quickly became a Father's day card for him!  I have been on a CAS kick lately too so I kept the layout fairly simple....and that's manly right?  My hubby would say so...he's a minimalist (so of course my jam packed stamp studio freaks him out, lol).




Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Pedaling Past (retired), teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Crumb cake, not quite navy, old olive, daffodil delight, whisper white
Ink:  Not quite navy (ink and marker), old olive
Accessories:  Linen embossing folder, decorative label punch, modern label punch, wide oval punch, vintage trinkets, silver smooch spray, color spritzer

One quick little note about the main panel...after I embossed it I used my color spritzer with my not quite navy marker and gave it a little spritz and then sprayed a bit with the silver smooch spray....I thought for a while it was too girly but I think it just looks like pearlized paint on a bicycle...just adds a little more interest to the card.  I also layered the punches....again....I know.  And the sentiment has some of the button brads from out Vintage Trinkets.  I hope my dad likes it and it brings him fond memories of all the fun we used to have!  Thanks to the CQ challenge for the great color combo as well...now go play along yourself!  Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Cute Father's Day card, Mindy! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is the Royal pain this week, Mindy! this is my second comment. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling image! Love the way you layered the labels, and the embossed background adds fabulous texture. Thanks for playing at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the way you layered the punched pieces behind the bike! :) Thanks for joining us at CQC this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...