Saturday, May 14, 2011

Double dipping

Hi stampers...yet another challenge card here today...actually one card for TWO challenges.  I finally had some time to stamp last night but was having a hard time getting motivated and I knew there were a LOT of challenges I wanted to participate in this week so I decided to incorporate two into this one card, killing two birds with one stone....before I fell asleep because I knew I was tired and wasn't going to last long enough to make more than one card, lol!  So I used this week's sketch challenge over on the Inkspirations site and the color combo challenge over at Creat with Connie & Mary

I decided to use one of the sentiments from Word Play as I JUST got this set (it's on SALE right now until the end of May...the PERFECT time to get a rather pricey set for much less...see the May Scrapbooking special in my sidebar to the right for more info).  This card is actually for my best friend who just graduated with her Master's in reading! She's been working at it while working full time as a teach for a few year now and I'm so happy for her!





Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  The Open Sea, Word Play
Paper:  Sahara sand, poppy parade, not quite navy, whisper white
Ink:  Sahara sand, not quite navy, poppy parade (ink and markers)
Accessories:  Linen embossing folder, circle punches, brads, poppy ribbon

I also combined the Open Sea set with Word Play for the card because I thought the sea theme and the compass went together well.  I love how well SU sets go together with each other!  I used the log (stamped off once in not quite navy) stamp and the globe stamp and compass stamp (also stamped off) to make the background.  The poppy parade panel was embossed with the linen embossing folder and I also sprayed it with the log cabin smooch spray for a bit of "weathering".  I also sprayed the background with silver smooch but it turned out kind of subtle.  I thought it might look like it got "wet" but it just adds a bit of shimmer.  It was a pretty simple card other than that.  I hope my friend likes it and I hope you do too!  Happy stamping!

9 comments:

  1. For someone that was sooo tired.....you produced a very cool card. Love the embossing and the layers. Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Your friend will love it and good for her, too!! The words work perfectly with this stamp set!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lovin' all the gorgeous textures and stampin'. TFS such an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, two of may favourite challenges together. NICE! This card is wonderful and a great use of these two stamp sets. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the BG stamp. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Mindy! I JUST ordered this set today! Can't wait to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite sentiments and I just LOVE what you did with it! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Perfect for a graduation or new job. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mindy,

    Just finding my way around Blogs today. I already subscribe to ColorQ. I came across your blog via the mention of your awesome card in one of the recent challenges on another site. Congrats!!! I can see how taking part in these challenges can be both motivating and inspiring. Your friend will LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...