Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just the right "type"

Hi stampers!  It's been slow stamping wise around here the past few days *sad face*.  BUT I did manage to get a card made last night.  I'd had the flowers stamped on the DSP for a while just waiting for inspiration to strike and I've been wanting to use the four frames set from the upcoming catalog that comes out in July.  And then it hit me!  The flower frame would be perfect with elements of style!  Then, while searching for a sentiment I ran across the You're a Gem set and thought the little typwriter font was perfect with the DSP!!!  So here's the cute little card I came up with:

 Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Four Frames, Elements of Style, Bella toile
Paper:  First edition DSP, sahara sand, always artichoke, rose red, watercolor
Ink:  staz-on, blushing bride, rose red, sahara sand, always artichoke
Accessories:  Decorative label punch, vanilla seam binding, aquapainter, beautiful wing embosslit

I'm not usually a big floral fan but I just LOVE all the elements here!  I did have to be a bit careful when coloring my image on the DSP as it's rather thin and got wet fast!  I just used a paper towel to dab off some the water in my aquapainter if I felt it was too wet.  It was a bit wrinkled after it dried but it went on nicely with a bit of extra adhesive.  I added a couple of details like torn edges, vanilla seam binding and the little butterflies and it just came right together!  Hope you like it!  Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card, Mindy! LOVE this particular frame of Four Frames! Jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! And by the way everytime I see your picture I just have to smile!You look like suchhappy person, it rubs off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful!! I will be featuring this on My Crafty Picks #8 on 3-20-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shabby/vintage looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you paired these two stamps sets together. Beautiful card! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...