Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I need a do-over

Hi stampers.  I have a card for you today that didn't turn out quite like I wanted...hate when that happens.  I have a hard time with masculine cards so I was excited when I thought of this one.  I thought the hand image from the new birthday set "Bring On The Cake" (LOVE that set) would be perfect for the emerging color technique.  It's super easy, you just stamp what you want to "emerge through" on a light colored paper and then emboss a large solid image (I used the splash from Extreme Elements) over it in clear embossing powder.  And then for the magical part....you run your brayer over it with a darker colored ink and it looks all cool and you can see what you stamped underneath!  You can see where I tore a couple of edges so it looked like I used white core cardstock.  I rushed home from work or wherever I was to make it...and then ugh, I realized I made a mistake.  I like the overall idea of this card but can anyone tell me what I think is wrong with it????


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Bring on the cake, extreme elements, wonderfully worn
Paper: newsprint, very vanilla, whisper white, basic black, marina mist, soft suede
Ink:  marina mist, soft suede, basic black, versamark
Accessories:  clear embossing powder, linen thread, brayer

You probably don't really see it because we are all our own worst critics BUT I used whisper white for the main image and it just doesn't really go with the vintage look of the card...should have used very vanilla, DUH!  I was too far gone into the card to fix it so here it is.  I might make it over sometime using the vanilla but if you know me, you know I don't like to make repeat cards!  Again, I think as a manly card it does work very well aside from my small flub up...and really....does anyone think that a man would notice that it's white and not vanilla???  Hahahahaha!  Better luck to me next time I guess:-)

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not a man and I couldn't figure it out, but now that you mention it, Very Vanilla would have been a great choice. However, it think it is just fine as it is! And as you said, no man is ever going to say, "Cool card, but it would have been so much better if she'd used Very Vanilla." Hehe! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...