Thursday, February 24, 2011

The kind of card you don't want to make

Hi stamper!  Today I have a card for you and as much as I love to stamp, I don't like making sympathy cards!  I just got this set this week and sadly I had to ink it up immediately.  One of my sidelines lost her husband over the weekend so I created this card for her.   I do have to say that I really like this set, it's a great sympathy set.  It's delicate and elegant but not too fussy.  I used the emboss resist technique on the main focal point.  I embossed it in white embossing powder and then sponged over it with baja breeze ink once it had cooled off.  I also sponged around the edges of the circle, the edges of the crumb cake panel and over the embossed part of the card base.  I hope it brings my sideline some comfort and I hope you like it!


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Thanks for caring, teahouse (background)
Paper:  Baja breeze, whisper white, crumb cake
Ink:  Baja breeze, versamark, crumb cake, so saffron
Accessories:  Tulip frame embossing folder, white embossing powder, daffodil delight taffeta ribbon, 2.5 inch circle punch, 3" sizzix die, dimensionals

See you soon, happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I find it much easier to make sympathy cards when they are not needed. I make a dozen or so at a time. That way, when I do need to use them, Idon't have to think about it. They are there and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...